Wallie & Golden Tusk Awards
As the region’s premier health care marketing and public relations society, we proudly count among our membership some of the Southeast’s most talented marketing and public relations professionals. As such, it is our great honor and privilege to host the awards competition that spotlights the very fine work they produce.
- The competition is open to all members of the Carolinas Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society.
- Non-health care CHPRMS members (e.g., advertising agencies, research firms, specialty advertising companies), may submit entries on behalf of a healthcare client provided that the client is a member of CHPRMS. If you need assistance acquiring membership for your client, please reach out to Michele McCausland at Michele. CHPRMS@gmail.com. We welcome new members to join our organization from any state.
- To be eligible for judging, the program or project must have run in the market between July 16, 2018 and July 16, 2019.
New for 2019!
- We are pleased to offer our members a new Wallie Awards Entry Portal. We hope that this will be an easy-to-use process. One of the many benefits of this new system will be the ability to share a winners gallery after our awards presentation.
- We have four new categories this year. Instead of the Golden Tusk category for Overall Marketing Campaign, we now have four different categories:
- Image/Brand Marketing Campaign
- Service Line Marketing Campaign
- Health & Wellness Promotion Campaign
- Cause/Social Marketing Campaign
Please view the Call for Entries for more information about each of these categories.
- New this year, we are asking our entrants to submit their PowerPoint slide for each of their entries using a specific template. Click here to download the appropriate templates: Wallie Award PowerPoint Template, Golden Tusk Award PowerPoint Template.
- *Again this year, we are pleased to include two judging categories; one for Hospital/Health Systems, and one for Non-Hospitals (clinics and non-profits).* These categories will be judged separately so that clinics and other healthcare specialties are competing amongst their peers with comparable marketing budgets. *Advertising and creative agencies should submit entries on behalf of their client in the category appropriate for their client.
Award Notification and Presentation
- Awards will be presented at our Annual Fall Conference, November 20-22, at the Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC. The phone number for The Omni Grove Park Inn is (828) 252-2711.
- Award notifications will go out the first week of October. The cut-off date for making a room reservation at The Omni Grove Park Inn at our special group rate is October 10th.
DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES
Early Bird Entries submitted by August 9
Wallie - $65 per entry
Golden Tusk - $75 per entry
Submissions between August 10 and August 23
Wallie - $80 per entry
Golden Tusk - $90 per entry
Guidelines to Submit Your Entries
- First, head to our new Wallie Awards Entry Portal.
- Register your account.
- Start entering your entries.
- Fill out the fields for your Challenge Statement
- Upload your supporting materials
- Upload your PowerPoint slide using one of our templates:
- Submit your entry. You'll pay when you're ready to submit all of your entries.
- Payment can be made via PayPal or check. If paying by check, mail to CHPRMS, c/o Andre LaCroix, 302 Stono Court, Piedmont, SC 29673.If you require an alternate payment method, please contact Andre at (864) 242-0204
- If you have questions or need assistance, please email Michele McCausland (email@example.com) or Heath Nettles (Heath.Nettles@HCAHealthcare.com).